Monday 14 April 2014

The day I was Brave

April 14, 2014

True Fact about me: I'm not patient. Ever. I'm one of the most impatient people I know. I can't handle waiting in line for a Starbucks.

So HOW am I going to WAIT for three to four months to see if I'm getting a rejection letter? (or a request for my full manuscript).

In other news: I sent off my Query Letter and 20 pages of my manuscript at lunch time today.

And now I wait. I am a serious mess of emotions right now. I can't even describe how much I feel like crying. I know it's silly, but this is all very scary. It's a first. Not only that, it's a first that might not end the way I want it to. I'd like to say I'm pretty ready for the rejection, but even while I write this, I am imagining the opposite. I'm pretty sure, in reality, a rejection is more likely. At least, that's what I've heard, and I think it'll be easier if I think positive but with complete reality of what may or may not happen.

What will I do while I wait? I guess I'll start on my next novel. And impatiently tap my foot (for 3-4 months).

I'm really glad I did this. I feel less brave than I thought I would. Probably because I feel more worried and nervous at this moment.

So, the waiting game begins. I'm ready. Luckily enough, I have a lot to keep me busy (like the hunt for a new place to live, blogging and writing).

Photos of my journey: You've already seen some of them, but I'm sharing again.


The very beginning of my novel writing (on a different laptop). Writing on a patio. I loved it!

Only about 200 left to go!!



Only about 100 left to go!
About 300 Pages in the end









That's it. Life is pretty good right now. I was hoping I'd feel more relief, but maybe I'll just wait on that.

Erin

And as always:

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Also, check out http://lifeisgoodandhereisproof.blogspot.ca/

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you!

    Do you have a preference order for all the publishers you're going to try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of. I'm starting with Saskatchewan publishers first, and I know who I'd like to work with. From there... I'm not sure.

      Delete
  2. What an accomplishment!! Now take a few days to relax and enjoy life. NM

    ReplyDelete