Tuesday 22 April 2014

Dinner Party with Novel Characters

April 22
Which five characters from novels would you have dinner with?

My Literary Fiction Character Dinner Party!!

Fun!

  1. Anne of Green Gables: I already said she was my favourite literary character so obviously she gets the first invite. Also, if there is ever a lull in conversation, she'll make up for it.
  2. Jessica and Elizabeth from Sweet Valley High. Judge me all you want. I grew up with these girls, and frankly, I'd love to have a chat with both of them. I'm also counting them as one person. Cause, you know, identical twins and stuff. I'd kind of like to tell Jessica off as well for some of her past snobbiness.
  3. Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones. FYI I'm going to finish the third book just as soon as I'm finished the unrelated one I'm currently reading, so if he's not still alive, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW. Either way, it would be a toss up between Tyrion and Jon Snow, but I think Tyrion would make me laugh. I'd stay on his good side, but I'm not so sure about Jessica.
  4. Mickey Bolitar: He appears in more than one Harlan Coben novels. I think he needs a hug. I also want to hear more stories from him and learn more about his life. Also, I think he and Tyrion would get along quite well even though they're from two different worlds, and I needed another male at the table.
  5. Idgie from Fried Green Tomatoes. Not only would she have great stories, but she seems pretty good at telling them as well!
I wish I read more Jane Austin. I could invite some of her characters. (It's on my bookshelf, waiting). If I had more room at the table, I'd invite some of the gals in Little Woman, Katniss from the Hunger Games, and Aibileen Clark from The Help.

OH OH! And Curious George!

That's my list. I could probably revisit this question in a few years and have a completely different answer. Although, Anne will ALWAYS be top of the list. Jessica and Elizabeth will probably not make the cut twice.

As I said before, fun! I just wish I had more books in my head to answer with. I'm happy with my choices for now.

ALSO: I'd invite Lucy and Kristy once my novel gets published! More about that here!

Till tomorrow.

E

Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

And as always:

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment