Wednesday 9 April 2014

Rainy day movies

April 9
What’s your favourite rainy day movie?
I have many. MANY. I'll talk about some of my very favourites and attach some youtube videos as well. (Simply because now that I know how, I find it so easy to do).

Beaches
I love Bette Midler. I love the singing. I love the friendship, the patience, the love, the laughter and the tears. It makes me cry. Every time. (Especially the scene I put on here.) SPOILER: if you haven't seen Beaches GO SEE IT. And don't watch the video.



Life as a House
I really enjoy Kevin Kline. I find myself engrossed in what he has to say. I'm not sure how to explain it. His voice draws me in. He and the rest of the cast made this movie what it was. I was just reading some critiques, and it turns out, not everybody loved it. I did. I enjoyed the story, and I like seeing changes in people from beginning to end, even if it appears as though it's happened over night. I think people can change. I like seeing somebody starts in a completely lonely and bad place in their lives, come out with a more positive attitude and a light heart. I'm a sucker for sad movies that still have some happiness.


Dirty Dancing
I don't think I need to explain why I love this movie. I don't think I need to tell anybody what it's about. A summer romance at it's best. I kind of don't think they would have ended up happily ever after, after the movie ended, but that's not really what it was about.


10 Things I Hate About You
I think the video says it all. Heath Ledger made this movie great. I don't always love Julia Stiles (although I usually enjoy the movies she is in), but this was a great one. Great high school movie. Makes you laugh, makes you cry (like once at least... that might have just been me), and has Heath Ledger being awesome.


Finding Neverland
This movie inspires me. It makes me want to write. I can't ask for more than that. Plus, I enjoy Johnny Depp.


Step Up
Similar to Dirty Dancing, only in the way that I don't feel I need to explain myself. This movie involves dancing and Channing Tatum. It also stars his wife and mother of his daughter before they started dating... or around the same time. If only I could dance. If anything, movies prove that you just have to be a good dancer (or be willing to learn) to find the love of your life.

Coach Carter
I believe I've already mentioned this, but I am a sucker for sports movies. Considering, I have no sporty ability, I really enjoy the movies. I suppose it's because they all have the inspiration needed to overcome everything, and be the best you can be. Coach Carter is one of my favourites for all those reasons. (Channing Tatum is also in this one, but that's a coincidence.) Maybe I also like the fact that they don't need romance.

Beauty and the Beast
Disney at its best. A book loving, beautiful nerd falls in love with a beast. Can't get more realistic than that can it?

I could continue with this all day, but I won't. Those are some of my rainy day movies. I also have rainy day books and rainy day games... plus I like going for walks in the rain (under an umbrella). I hope we have a rain day soon! (Also to get rid of all this dust... yeesh.)


Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

And as always:

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Also, check out http://lifeisgoodandhereisproof.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment