Tuesday 8 April 2014

Bad Dreams

April 8, 2014

Generically Bad Dreams

I'm straying from the normal posts and prompts to talk about my bad dream last night. I can't remember the really scary part, but I think it was truly terrifying. (I blocked it out, that's how scary it was). I woke up, and was not happy about having to go back to sleep. Lucky for me, C rolled over and snuggled, so I fell back to sleep feeling a bit more safe.

I don't have many nightmares. In fact, I rarely get scared, even when I watch a horror movie. I ESPECIALLY don't get scared when the horror movie features a scary, freaky child who is in some way crazy and murderous. I find it generic and unimaginative. It's been done, move on. (However, although it doesn't scare me, I find the kids more creepy than clowns).

Examples? Okay:

 
 

I end up getting angry instead of scared because they went with the overused crazy kid routine.

I had a normal night last night.  Last night, I was happily going over my memories of last year while making a Photobook online. I didn't have anything on in the background.

Some nights my dreams clearly come from something I watched the night before. Occasionally when I watch too much of something on Netflix (The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural) the 'bad' guys will make their way into my dreams. Doesn't usually scare me that much though.

Last night, I had a scary dream featuring... a damn kid! A boy who was around 6-8 (I have NO IDEA how to judge the age of dream kids). (Or real kids).

It started with him assuring his father he was okay with the fact that the dad wasn't around much. He thanked him for working so hard for the family. Then the little boy went upstairs, and grabbed his heavy duty cross bow, and shot it at a very Dad like dummy. That was scary enough. I think the kid actually did something really evil about three dream sequences later that woke me up with my heart beating like crazy. Like I said, I can't remember what it was. I'm okay with that.

Thank goodness I don't have nightmares often. However, I'm pretty annoyed that my nightmares are now featuring GENERIC, scary and crazy kids. I'm a damn writer. My scary dreams should be creative. What the heck?



Speaking of scary kids. This one is me. Haha. I was never efficient with a crossbow though. More cute and sad than crazy and psycho.



Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

And as always:

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

BUT VIDEOS ARE CLEARLY FROM YOUTUBE! THEY ARE NOT MINE. ONLY PICTURES ARE MINE.

Also, check out http://lifeisgoodandhereisproof.blogspot.ca/

1 comment:

  1. Love those pics, but that truly was not one of your happiest days.NM

    ReplyDelete