Friday 18 April 2014

Favourite Literary Character

April 18
Who is your favourite literary character of all-time?
I skipped a couple of the prompts when I saw this one. It's an easy answer. I don't even have to stop to think about who my favourite literary character is. I'm guessing there are a few people who already know the answer.


My grandma McCrea brought this back for me from PEI.

Anne (Anne with an E) of Green Gables is my favourite literary character. I loved the books, and I love the movies. (The first two movies). 

She was a happy and dream filled child who grew up before our eyes. She was a writer. She was dramatic. She followed her dreams, and did the things she thought were important. 

She was stubborn and held grudges. LUCKILY, she ended up finally forgiving the people who needed forgiveness (Gilbert).

I loved the characters in her life. Marilla, Matthew, Diana, Gilbert, and even Rachel Lynde. 

I cried with Anne when Matthew died. I laughed when she dyed her hair green.

One more thing: I credit my love of writing to Anne. I wanted to write like she did growing up, and look at me, I just finished a novel. Thanks Anne! 


I actually quoted a favourite line in my This is MY life blog. (which I don't write in anymore)

'I just found a wonderful quote from Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery. I'll write it, and then go on to the normal stuff... life.
"But Anne, a broken heart in real life isn't as dreadful as it is in books. It's a good deal like a bad tooth...though you won't think that a very romantic simile. It takes spells of aching and gives you a sleepless night now and then, but between times it lets you enjoy life and dreams and echoes and peanut candy as if there were nothing the matter with it." Original place I quoted this here'


I have some short comments on what I thought of the books in my 'Book blog'. (which I do write in, but not a lot)
About 'Anne of Green Gables'  And about 'Anne of Avonlea'


Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

And as always:

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Also, check out http://lifeisgoodandhereisproof.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment