New Years Resolution Follow up
I did 2014 Writing Goals, as well as New Year's Resolutions. I've copied them here, and will follow up after the goal. The 'resolutions' are in italics.
· Short Term Goals for 2014
o Write everyday I blog everyday. Still working at writing every day.
o Edit the first novel I've edited it about four times, so I did do this. However, it could probably use about three more edits.
o Write a second novel I've started thinking about it, and started, but haven't done as much as I'd like.
o Start blogging again Success! Definitely the writing I do most.
o Write short stories again No. I haven't really done any short story writing. I guess I'll have to work on it.
o Learn something new every day I assume I meant about writing. I'm sure I do. I'm constantly looking at blogs, twitter posts, and pinterest about writing ideas and advice.
o Try different genres of writing I'm not there yet. Hopefully before the year is over.
That's it for the writing specific goals. I also had a post for 2014 Resolutions.
My Post for New Year's Resolutions is here: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/01/2014-goals.html I've kind of also copied and pasted, and I'll give my update on how I'm doing.
- I'm going to read more. I have TONS of books, and I should use them for more than making a Christmas Tree. However, I think I'll leave the stack of the books up, and start from the top. If I've already read it (there are a few of those), and I don't want to read it again, I will give it away.
- I'm going to try to pay more attention to spelling and grammar in all my writing.
- I'm going to start writing letters to myself again. That may sound strange, but I wrote myself letter from nine years old until 19 to open on the day I turned 20. I did the same thing from 20-29. Unfortunately, I wrote a lot less. Here I am, 33, and I haven't written any letters to my future self. My forty year old self is going to be upset! So I'll be doing some catching up with myself. I should also find the old ones. Not sure where they are. I know I still have them though.
- I'm going to do more journal writing. I say this every year, and I'm really good at writing on the bad days. I need to work on gratitude writing as well as worries, doubts and sadness. Basically, I can write anything I want in my journal. I'm not restricted. I miss journal writing.
- I'm going to try my hardest to do something with my book. I'm good at procrastinating. I'm good at not trying as hard as I should. I'm not very good at quitting, but I'm good at leaving it or ignoring it. I can't do that with my book. I have to try. I guess if I can't find a publisher, I can self publish. That will be a last resort though.
- I'll start a new novel.
- I will blog.
- Last, I found a pin that has photo or writing prompts for months. I'm going to start with February, and see how I go from there. Once again, that will be posted on here.
And as always: This is the explanation of the challenges: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/07/august-blog-challenge.html
©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.