Tuesday 5 August 2014

August Blog Challenge and the woman who got arrested

Aug 5, 2014

I don't want to write two blog posts in one day, so I'm doing two in one. I will do that throughout the blog challenge because it is easiest, and so far (other than the first question), they aren't really in depth questions. 

Before I get to the August Blog Challenge, I want to talk about my night yesterday. It has nothing to do with this story about another night: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/07/what-i-didnt-do.html However, it kind of does. That night I heard a woman yelling outside, a street away. I was scared, but didn't do anything even though I should have. I was comforted because C was there - even though he didn't wake up.

THIS TIME was different. It actually had nothing to do with the last time that I know of, other than my neighbourhood doesn't seem as safe as I thought. 


I was hanging out in my room watching Netflix, and basically hoping my fan would be able to de-melt me. I heard yelling again. Screaming, actually. I paused my show, and heard her continue to yell. Again, I was wondering if I should call the cops - although she wasn't asking for help, just yelling. As I walked towards the kitchen, I saw lights flashing. It was obvious, that I did not need to call the police. They were here. Outside my house.

I peaked out my blinds, and saw one, tiny woman being handcuffed by two cops. She was screaming and yelling at them. I heard her say something about a guy getting away. Of course, that didn't make me feel better. Who else was running around, and what did they do? 

I watched as the policemen put her into the car. They both looked around behind them (as though looking for the person who got away) while she screamed her head off inside the car. She continued screaming as they got into the car. To be honest, I think I'd have wanted to quit my job right there if I had to be in the vehicle with the screaming woman. 


I have no idea what she was being arrested for or who the other person was. I don't think it was the first time she'd been arrested.

Until these last few weeks, I felt completely safe where we live. We are on the 'good' side of town. I love how close we are to all my favourite areas. Now, I'm not so sure about it. I've always considered myself pretty brave in this city. I haven't been scared about what is lurking around the corner - although, I'm sure I should have been at times. 

Lately though, I've been more on edge than I'm used to. Possibly I've been spoiled with C around all those months. Now that he's gone more, I'm more worried. It isn't me to be scared, and I'm not a fan of it. I don't like being scared and nervous about what's around me. I want to be able to walk home and feel completely safe. That feeling is gone.

Even last night, after they drove away, after I was ready for bed and tried to go to sleep, I couldn't sleep. Every time I heard a sound, I jumped. I had a terrible sleep, and was exhausted this morning. I tried to go to sleep with sound in the background (a Netflix movie) to distract me. It didn't work. 

I'm hoping things will get better. I don't like this feeling. I hope I can figure out what's making me so full of stress and fear lately.  (other than the obvious: crazy screaming girls).

And now for the blog challenge question:

What's For Dinner?

I have to be honest. I never really know whether dinner is lunch or supper. I think my family used to call 'dinner' lunch, but we also call supper 'dinner'. 

So: I'll talk about both dinners.

I don't usually do this, but my 'lunch' 'dinner' was this:


 I had a custom made ice cream sandwich. Caramel Apple and macadamia nut cookies. I had no room for my actual lunch after that.

So for dinner, I had a salad (loaded with everything). And one beer. With a flavoured ice cube.

No ice cream tomorrow.


It's also been four months since I sent my query in. 

And as always:
August Blog Challenge explanation:  http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/07/august-blog-challenge.html

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment