Wednesday 7 May 2014

My Novel in the Movies

Your book is a movie! Who’s in your dream cast?

I have obviously thought about this. I'm sure many writers have. I'm adding links to the descriptions of my novel characters from older blog entries as well so you can see my original thoughts.

You may notice the actors I chose are almost all ridiculously good looking. I can't help it. My novel has good looking people. 

Character Descriptions

Lucy Avery (Luce): She's the main character. 

Rachel Bilson: She's an actress who can be serious and can laugh. She's shorter. Lucy is short. She's also had practice with drama.





Kristy Avery (Kristina) (Kris): This is Lucy's youngest sister. She's 17.

Dakota Fanning: I'll be honest. I wanted a blond and innocent looking teenager. I couldn't think of many other options. She's a bit older than 17, but it will still work. She always played smart characters when she was younger, and I think she could play Kristy perfectly.




Charlie Avery: He's the middle sibling. He is in his late 20s.

Ian Somerhalder: I needed a smooth talker. Somebody who can bat his beautiful eyes at you, and get away with things. He's not always a good guy, but he's pretty great to look at. He's a bit older than Charlie, but I figure if he can play a vampire that never ages, he can handle being 28. 





Shauntell Morris (Shaun): She is Lucy's best friend. 

Emma Stone: She's quirky, she's fierce and loyal, she's funny. She also has red hair, which is how I imagined Shauntell. It wasn't until today that I thought of her, but now she fits perfect. Although, she's not quite as tall as Shauntell is. She is taller than the other females in the 'movie'. 





Character Descriptions Part 2

Tom Avery: He is the father of Lucy, Charlie, and Kristy. 

Ed Harris: He's a dad type character. He's smart, and he's approachable.

I can't find a good clip of him, but most people know who Ed Harris is. He can do almost any role.

Janine Avery: She is the mother of Lucy, Charlie and Kristy.

Mary Steenburgen: I love her. She's the perfect age, and she can go from one extreme to the other in moods. She's tough when she needs to be, but sometimes forgets to be.




Grandma: Elizabeth Channing

Originally, I wanted Mary Beth Peil, but she's only 10 years older than the parents. I couldn't find a good clip of her either. She's also Jackie on The Good Wife. The more I think about it, the more I do think she's too young.




So I searched actresses born in the 30s. I found the perfect one.

Doris Roberts; I needed somebody who could be tough. I'm not positive she'd work, but I can't think of anybody else.




James Shannon: He's almost the perfect man. He's a love interest. He lives in Saskatoon. He's a family guy (his family), and he follows his heart. He says what he is thinking and stands up for what he believes in. He's got green eyes, dark brown hair, beautiful smile, and he's tall. He's basically my dream man. Even with things that seem to be in the way of his romantic life, he's willing to fight for what he wants. This book isn't a romance, I promise, but there is a bit of romance in it.

First of all, I left the description of him because I wanted to show how impossible it is to pick somebody to be him. I mean, I could use my dream man, C, but that wouldn't be appropriate because I'm not the lead gal. 

I want him to be gorgeous, but approachable. He's the hardest character to choose.

The winner is: Jensen Ackles. Because other than C (who told me he didn't want to be in it), he's almost perfect. (And I love the clip).




Jenna Millar: Was friends with Charlie. She's also James' ex-girlfriend.

Jenna Dewan-Tatum. She's the only person I could see clearly from the start. She's brave and tough, but sometimes needs help. She's also absolutely stunning.





Dan: Shauntell's boyfriend.

Joshua Jackson: He's cute and funny. He loves the woman he's with, and he's really the perfect choice.




Ryan: This is Kristy's boyfriend. 

Liam Hemsworth: Again, he's a bit old for an 18 year old boy, but I have no idea who else could be in it. Everybody seemed too young. This casting will probably change, but it's all I can think of right now. 




There are a couple of other characters, but this is all I'm going to 'cast'. These are my important characters.

This one was fun. Obviously, I love my characters quite a bit so picking real people to be them was a 'serious' job for me.

Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.


And as always:

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment