Sunday 2 March 2014

Writing Update - Phase Four

I'm just saying Phase Four because I have no idea where I am on this. It might still be phase three. Editing to send it to my next set of readers.

I got back my final feedback from my friend, Denise. For some reason, I was expecting worse, so I was happy with what she gave me. Possibly I was expecting worse because she kept telling me how many notes she had.

I'll be honest, I think I'm actually good with getting criticism. It makes me better. I can take it or leave it, but I always need to listen to it. Any criticisms (critiques) that I've received have helped me a lot, and will help me even more after I make more revisions and changes in my novel. 

I spent all night last night, moving one set of critiques that were emailed to me onto paper pages of Denise's Critiques. I thought it would be easier to see it all on one page instead of going through three things. It has taken longer than I thought. After this post, I still have 90 pages to go before I start my revisions. 



I can't wait for this process to be over (the moving things all to one location) so I can start my revisions.

How excited am I to start? Last night all of my dreams were about the characters in my book. I woke up smiling, and wanted to go back to sleep so I could dream more. Inspiration through dreaming. 

Anyway, now that I've shared that, I've got to get back to work! Yay! Thank goodness it's only Sunday. 

E

Update 20 minutes later. Here's a link to some of the good comments about my novel: http://lifeisgoodandhereisproof.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-1-encouragement.html

No comments:

Post a Comment