Sunday 6 May 2018

Another week or meltdowns AND laughter

May 6

First, a writing update. I've now written 326 days in a row. I'm interviewing the main character of my next novel, and learning so much about her. I found one that asks a question a day. Some answers are longer than others. It's very motivating to help her finish her story. 

Now for the meltdowns:

The week started off with some good ones. From me.

Sunday, April 29

Momma's first Meltdown
He would not stop asking for a bite of my Balance 365 Power Bowl breakfast. I knew he wouldn't like it because of all the delicious textures and grains. I said no. He asked again (in toddler speak). Finally, I gave in and gave him a bite, and he spit it all over himself and the couch. So we're clear, he had already eaten his breakfast in the kitchen, and I was just trying to finish my breakfast anywhere I could. What followed was a Momma Sized meltdown. (Also picture a dog, just waiting for you to trip and spill your meal so he can also have some.)

Toddler Meltdown
This was a fun one. And I'm assuming an ongoing one. He slides his cars under the couch, and them moves to the side so we can move it and get his cars. Might I add, he one hundred percent does it on purpose. When I say no, we're not moving the couch right now, the meltdown begins.

Monday, April 30
It was a good morning. We met some friends at an indoor play area. None of the kids played, but I caught up with my mom friends. This was about 11. He was mad because I wouldn't go up to the slide with him. Actually, he walks me to the stairs, tells me to sit down, and waves goodbye to me as he climbs up. I can also watch him from the chair. It was close to nap time.

Tuesday, May 1
Grandma tried to dress him. This is after the meltdown.


I'm going to be honest, from May 2nd on, I kind of slacked on recording meltdowns. It was not a bad week though. I've had a wonderful time with my kiddo. We had bad moments, but the nice weather has us in fantastic moods.

Saturday May 7
The bedtime routine included a toothbrush in the toilet and a ripped up book. Can you guess which one of us melted down? Hint: It wasn't him.


Sunday, May 6 (today)
He was angry because after dumping out his buckets of water, I wouldn't get him more (for a third time.) And YES my child needs a haircut. It's on our list.


And now, I'd like to share photos of our good moments. Because meltdowns are great for funny stories (terrible in the moment), but also, the good moments are even better.

Sunday, April 29
Anthony is starting to pick his own clothes, and it's adorable and hilarious. (And vehicle themed). Note the backwards pants so he can see the dump truck.

Monday, April 30
Sidewalk chalk. Enough said.

Tuesday, May 1
Anthony acting like a dog at the dog park. He seems to be part dog.

Wednesday, May 2
I love how he can be completely covered in dirt, but come to me to tell me he has dirt on his hand and asks me to wipe it off. UGH I LOVE THIS KID!

Thursday, May 3
I've been working on these hand and foot print animals for SO long, and now I'm done. Almost. I still have to figure out what to do with them. 

Friday, May 4
The water table became a dirt table and it is a FANTASTIC idea. We still use water in smaller containers so he can move it around He gets the best of both worlds.

Saturday, May 5

Anthony went to his bff's second birthday party. (We say BFF, but they didn't spend any time together at the party.) Anthony was being a loner, and loved kicking the ball around.

Sunday, May 6

We spent almost the entire day outside. The afternoon was spent with his Auntie (my sister), and we loved every minute of it. Ice cream, water, boats, and Aunt Jo are all he needs. Auntie Jo is my favourite person, and his.

That's it. Hopefully we have some fun moments next.

Have a great week! 



"Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”

― Jane Yolen

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment