Sunday 5 January 2014

Writing Challenge Day 4

2014 Get Started Write Challenge: Day 4

Sketch out a story idea. 

I think I would like to write a collection of short stories about my experience teaching overseas, or make it into a novel someday. It would be non-fiction, which I've never really done other than through blogs. I think it would be a fun experience because although it was full of ups and downs, mostly it was a great experience, that I'd love to share. I'd start from the beginning, and end when I went home, but only share the stories I feel have meaning, or will give people a laugh. It won't all be about teaching. In fact, I'm not sure how much of the teaching will be involved. I will write it in first person (as I write both fiction and non fiction.) It was a really fun time for me, and I met a group of amazing people. I wish I had kept my blog from back then so I could read my stories and adventures. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can still find it, and probably didn't do very well at keeping a journal at that point in my life either. I would highlight my favourite stories. Meeting random strangers, my birthday, breaking up with somebody in Canada while there, the snow day (mentioned before), para-gliding, living in Seoul, trips out of Seoul, the Mud Festival, and so much more.


This would be quite the story telling adventure for me. I'd have to do it one story at a time. I've always wanted to do a story about Katimavik as well. However, Korea is a more happy and care free time, and I'd like to focus on that first.

And - because I love adding pictures, I've got one of my feet while Para-gliding in South Korea.



Day 5 is coming up next. I'm a day late on my Day 4 post. :)

E

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please return the favour and Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment