Monday 6 April 2015

Dear Pets

April 6, 2015


Letter Prompts Day Six

A letter of your choice. I'm going to write a letter to my pets. Four in particular. I don't currently have a pet, and I can't wait until we get a dog. This idea just came to me, but there are a few times when it says letter of my choice, so I have to start thinking of ideas.

Dear Pets,

Coco. You were my very first pet. A beautiful white cat that I named Coco because I couldn't pronounce Calico. I wanted to name you after my Grandma's cat, but couldn't quite get it out. You and I were a team from the very start. Cats aren't easy to train, but you quickly learned that my favourite place for you to be was tucked under my arm. I had you for many years until you got cancer. You were my first loss, and it was tough. At the time, I couldn't imagine anything being worse. (I've since learned that there are many things that are worse.) I loved you with every bit of me. You loved me back. You were a birthday present, and to this day, probably one of the best presents I have ever received.

Trapper: You were my first dog. You came after Coco, and had to deal with the fact that she did not love you. You were a beautiful and loving dog that probably would have loved living on a farm. I sometimes regret that we couldn't let you roam free more. My love of big dogs came from you. You died while I was away from home (after high school), but it was still tough. You lived a good life, and you were loved. I have so many memories of you. You were my pal. 




Rolo: You're the cat version of me, so I obviously love you to bits. You have an ego, like to make people jealous, and you know who you love the best. I got you at a time in my life when I thought I'd keep you forever. Unfortunately, life changed, and I travelled. You've had more than one family, and more than just me to love you. You are careful with giving love, and that's probably my fault. If it helps, I once bought you a condo because I couldn't find a place to rent that took cats. Unfortunately, when I arrived back in Saskatoon, I couldn't afford a place that took cats. Cameron kept you temporarily, and then my sister took you. I couldn't be happier with you and Jo. You still get to be in my life, but you also get to be Jo's cat. You needed her. You're a great little guy, even when you're hissing at Dad.


Karmen: I only got to live with you for a year. When I moved to Saskatoon, you stayed with Cameron. You were the best dog we could have had. You were loving, happy, gorgeous, and wonderful. You made me smile all the time, even when you were hogging the bed. I don't see you often, but I know you are where you are supposed to be, and you are getting all the love you deserve. I'm grateful for the time I had with you.


Dear New Pup: we don't have you yet, but will love you like crazy! I can't wait to meet you.


Love,

Somebody you used to know. (Or will).


Also an update on my other April goals:

Exercise
50 Supermans
50 Squats

And:
 7 minutes. (Again, from here: http://7-min.com/)




Happiness Photo of the Day

Today's photo prompt was Friendship

It may seems strange that I'm choosing a double chocolate chip frappaccino to be my best friend. Seriously though. You heard the name. How could you NOT want this drink as your best friend. Also the Starbucks guy called me Grin, instead of Erin. So basically, I'd also like to be friends with him. (I didn't see any friends today other than my awesome work friends, and we were busy working.)












April Ideas: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2015/03/challenge-completed.html

As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment