Tuesday 7 April 2015

Dear Mean Celebrities

April 7, 2015


Letter Prompts Day Seven



A letter to a celebrity I despise: 

Dear Mean Celebrities,

I'm not naming names because to be honest, I don't know most of them. I don't think it is fair for me to judge celebrities that I don't know. We hear things about you, but how do we know if it is true?

That being said, the rich and famous, the celebrities that could be making a difference in the world, simply by being nice, but choose to be mean to others instead: this letter is for you.

You've received almost everything you've ever dreamt about, but apparently it isn't enough. Apparently you've held on to enough anger to still make you be mean and cruel to others. 

To the celebrities that are physically abusive to others, for the most part you've gotten away with this. Even though it changed your career, some people are accepting of it. I am not. Hitting other people is wrong. Hitting your girlfriend is wrong, hitting your boyfriend is wrong, or hitting anybody who is defenceless is wrong. There is no possible reason you should be able to get away with it. 

Sexual assaulting those that are unable to stop you, is called rape. It's an abuse of power, and it's something you should never have gotten away with. People use you as a punch line now. They also use the woman who were attacked. None of it was funny, and you are never going to be funny to me. You appeared to be the most trusted of men, but you turned out to be one of the most evil. You have been the biggest disappointment for somebody I've never met. I meant to make this a general letter, but as I started writing about things that shouldn't be forgiven, I remembered you. I'm not wasting any more of this letter on you, but know that you are truly despicable. Instead of making lives better, you made them worse.

Last, to any actress or actor, or singer that seems to take pleasure from being mean and name calling. Why? What do you get out of being mean to people and judging others? People could have learned from you, and respected you for the good they see you in you. Instead they are learning that you can get away with being a mean person. Don't be mean.

Here is my advice to you:
Write it on your hand, and don't forget.


Sincerely,

Somebody you will never meet.






Also an update on my other April goals:

Exercise
3 x 60 Planks
200 Jumping Jacks

FYI: 200 jumping jacks makes it hard to climb stairs after. Ugh.

And:
 7 minutes. (Again, from here: http://7-min.com/)



Happiness Photo of the Day

Today's photo prompt was Faith.

I don't go to church, and I don't put a lot of faith in religion. I have great respect for those that do, but it's not been my thing in the past few years. Here's what I do have faith in: myself. I have faith in myself first. I have faith that I will never give up. I have faith that I will be the best version of me. I have faith that I will survive. I have faith that I will be happy with my choices. I have faith in myself and those I love.  












April Ideas: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2015/03/challenge-completed.html

As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

4 comments:

  1. Gawd, I hate Kanye. Just saying. That's who my letter would be to. But then again I have absolutely nothing to say to him, so it would be just "Kanye, Fuck you. Sincerely, Annie"... Wouldn't even be worth the postage...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had him in my head, but then I remembered the abusive ones. Although emotional abuse is pretty crappy as well. I can't quite imagine the huge god complex these people have.

      Delete
  2. I SOOOOOO feel you. I hate that culture has made it so that the jerks of the world climb their way to the top while most of the rest of us get trampled upon. It sucks and those people suck, and all it does is teach other young people that the fastest way to be successful is to push everyone else out of your way. I HATE IT!

    Another related pet peeve: When people say "I did it, so you can/should do it too!" As if everyone comes from the same circumstances and if you don't experience massive success it's your own fault. Ugh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting (and reading!)
      I'm sure there are nice people who have done great things, but they seem to be overpowered by the mean ones.
      I know what you mean about the "I did it so you can too." It's a frustrating statement! Life is tough, and everybody does things differently, and has a different background.

      Delete