Monday 16 June 2014

Writing Goals

June 16
First of all, I'm going to have one thing on my mind this week: my upcoming trip to Newfoundland. SO I apologize now for half hearted posts. It will not be my intention. I will also be taking a week break from the 21st to the 29th. I won't be posting during my trip. IN FACT, I am going to leave my beautiful purple laptop at home, and only using my phone when necessary. With that being said, on to today's post.

What are your writing goals for the next year?

All my writing goals will be starting in July. I won't have a lot of time to blog or edit or write before then. I make no apologies. I'm going to take these next two weeks, and not feel guilty because I haven't been writing. It's been a busy couple of months, and I'm going to enjoy getting back at writing, but not stress about the fact that I've been slow to do it.



So here's a time line for the rest of this year. (I'm not doing a full year because I ... Because I don't want to. I want to focus on the immediate future of this year only.)

Novel Writing Goals:

The Summer:
I want to edit, edit, edit, AND edit again. I won't be looking at the new book until I've gone over my first one a few more times. If it doesn't get accepted by the current publishing company, I want to make it more perfect for the next one. My summer (when not outside enjoying the sunshine, and enjoying summer trips and festivals) will be spend editing. Beautiful Purple Laptop will be getting a lot of exercise.

The Fall and Winter:
I will start working on my next novel. I'll write, and then I'll write some more. I'll do as much as I possibly can.

Blogging:
Summer, Fall and Winter: All blogs will continue at the start of July. I'll continue my goal of writing as much as I can. The new and more realistic goal is 3-4 times a week per blog. It shouldn't be hard to reach.

Short Stories:

I'm going to try my hand at some short stories again. It's been a while, but I think it would help my writing. Fiction and non-fiction. I can also try getting these short stories published. Magazines and online contests may be a good idea to help out my writing and my writing resume/portfolio.

And that's the plan for this year. Wish me luck.




And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment