Friday 13 June 2014

Resources/Distractions

    June 13
    I'm doing two prompts in one again. They don't need a separate post. Happy Friday!
Share some resources that help you when you’re writing.

I never realised how valuable Twitter was until I started writing my novel seriously, and blogging seriously. I've soon learned that I can find almost anything I need through Twitter. Including asking advice if I need to. I have a full group of people I don't know, but who are writers that I can ask questions and learn from. It's amazing actually. Through Twitter, I found a query letter writing work shop. Helped me so much! And encouragement from others is great as well.



Pinterest has also helped me a little bit. If I follow what other writers are 'pinning' I can usually find a blog that will help me with writing tools and writing advice. Although, it's also really good for quotes. This helps my blog.

Of course, I would be lost if I didn't have Google. I can ask any question I'd like and pick and choose my answer. I can research things for my novel, I can find out proper ways to say things, I can ask grammar questions (BELIEVE ME, I HAVE THEM). I can find almost any information I need.

Can't forget this one: The Library. I used it a lot when I first started my novel.  Before I got lazy. I'll be back. Just have to pay my fines.

Last, friends and family. I ask my friends when I know it's a topic they can help me with. I ask advice about writing, about professions that are in my novel and personal situations that are relevant to my story. 
Name the five biggest distractions from your writing.

  1. Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, E-mail
  2. Books: If I'm having trouble writing, I let books distract me.
  3. Texting//phone calls/My Nexus 4: Talking to friends, Words with Friends, and Candy Crush. All available until I shut off my phone. I've done that.
  4. Netflix: I can always find something to watch on Netflix. BUT I actually sometimes like the noise in the background. I CAN'T write in silence. I know a lot of people are the opposite.
  5. C: Although, truthfully, I USE him as a distraction, but he does not ever purposely distract me. He'll ignore me if it makes me write more. Bribe me with later attention and wine. Still... sometimes, I am distracted by him.

And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment