- I'm doing two prompts in one again. They don't need a separate post. Happy Friday!
I never realised how valuable Twitter was until I started writing my novel seriously, and blogging seriously. I've soon learned that I can find almost anything I need through Twitter. Including asking advice if I need to. I have a full group of people I don't know, but who are writers that I can ask questions and learn from. It's amazing actually. Through Twitter, I found a query letter writing work shop. Helped me so much! And encouragement from others is great as well.
Pinterest has also helped me a little bit. If I follow what other writers are 'pinning' I can usually find a blog that will help me with writing tools and writing advice. Although, it's also really good for quotes. This helps my blog.
Of course, I would be lost if I didn't have Google. I can ask any question I'd like and pick and choose my answer. I can research things for my novel, I can find out proper ways to say things, I can ask grammar questions (BELIEVE ME, I HAVE THEM). I can find almost any information I need.
Can't forget this one: The Library. I used it a lot when I first started my novel. Before I got lazy. I'll be back. Just have to pay my fines.
Last, friends and family. I ask my friends when I know it's a topic they can help me with. I ask advice about writing, about professions that are in my novel and personal situations that are relevant to my story.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, E-mail
- Books: If I'm having trouble writing, I let books distract me.
- Texting//phone calls/My Nexus 4: Talking to friends, Words with Friends, and Candy Crush. All available until I shut off my phone. I've done that.
- Netflix: I can always find something to watch on Netflix. BUT I actually sometimes like the noise in the background. I CAN'T write in silence. I know a lot of people are the opposite.
- C: Although, truthfully, I USE him as a distraction, but he does not ever purposely distract me. He'll ignore me if it makes me write more. Bribe me with later attention and wine. Still... sometimes, I am distracted by him.
And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.
©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.