Saturday 25 October 2014

To do: Write a Novel

October 25, 2014

It's time to do something. I can either sit here, blog, and talk about how much I want to write a new novel, or I can continue to blog while writing a new novel.

For some reason, I thought that NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) was in October. I didn't do it last year because I was away, and I thought I had missed it again.

I saw a post from NaNoWriMo on Facebook, and when I followed the link, http://nanowrimo.org/ I realised it is held in November. Frankly, I think this seems like a more reachable goal than the 3-Day Novel Writing challenge I was looking into. I'd still like to do that some time, but I want to start with this.

I want to write, and if challenging myself to do it in a month helps, I'll do it. I think at times, I'm to easy on myself. I let myself not write with no consequences. Not that I'll punish myself, but I'm sure I can figure out a way to bribe myself. (haha).

The point of this competition is to write 50,000 words in the month of November. I don't know if I can do it. 50,000 words won't be the entire novel, but it will be over half of it. That's more than I've done in the past ten months. (It was really hard to admit that). I have edited, but I haven't even done that since April. Basically, I need to write, and this is the perfect opportunity. 


I will still be blogging, but I will be focusing on my novel first. I don't know how I'll do it, but I will have to be more consistent that last time. More writing, less 'real' life. I may become a hermit. (More than I already am). At least I'll have Clint here, while I write, nagging me if I am not writing. He's a good support for that. If I am blogging frequently, please know, that means I'm procrastinating. Call me on it.

I have until next Saturday. A week to be as social as I can, and to blog as much as I can, and also to do some sort of outline for my novel (which, I never do). I think it'll help a lot this time though, given the time restraints. 

Wish me luck! I'm pretty excited about doing this, and I really don't like to quit, so I know I'll be working hard to reach 50,000 words when I'm not at work or eating or sleeping.

What am I getting myself into? Haha.









And as always:
Most of my ideas are coming from http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/03/march-24th-looking-forward.html It's leads to another blog where I found the ideas. My April onward details start with that post.

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment