Wednesday 2 September 2015

7 Minutes of Free Writing

September 2, 2015

Second Prompt is a bit more difficult. Not because I can't free write, but because I have to do it from work at lunch. If I free write with my laptop the way it is without editing, it WILL be unreadable and frustrating.

Also, this is really strange, but when I went to see what the prompt for today was, the prompt I did yesterday was different. Now it says this:

1. Share one goal you want to achieve this month.

2. Free write for 7 minutes – and publish without editing.


So here's my plan, I am going to free write for 7 minutes about what I want to achieve this month. Two in one. I have no idea why my first day was mixed up. 


Okay I'm about to set my timer, and then I'll write for 7 minutes about my month's goal.

As I was about to start writing, I remembered a Groupon I purchased at the beginning of August. I saw a discounted writing course, and I decided to go for it. Other than university, I actually haven't taken many writing courses. Some workshops, but not anything online. I thought the price was too good to pass up, so I bought it.

I, obviously, forgot about it, but I think that will be my goal, once I get my laptop fixed. Before I remembered that I bought it my most important goal (other than to turn 35 with awesomeness) was to work and finish my next edit of my novel. Hopefully, I can do both of these things at once. I'm sure I can. So this month will be about fine tuning my novel, and NEXT month can be about sending it to new publishers. And finding which publishers I want to send it to. One thing at a time though. I have to get back to writing, and I have to get back to reaching my writing goals. I will be blogging, that's a promise I don't plan to break, but getting back to my novel is so important. If I get edits done this month, pick a publisher and send next month, than the month after will be NaNoWriMo, and I can strictly focus on working on something new. Something for myself that I know I can do. I really enjoyed it for the first time last November, and now I know nothing has to stop me. However, although I got 50,000 words, I still need to finish all my novels. Having half started novels really won't help me get anywhere.

So this month, I will check out my new writing course, and use everything I learn to perfect my book. I will do my best to edit and finish my very first novel (again again again.) I also have a couple more people to send it to once it's changed for the last time. 

That's my goal. Write. Like every month... but for serious.


Okay - I'm  not going to read what I wrote because I won't be able to not alter if I do that. As per the instructions, I will press publish. By the way, I know with Free Writing it's frowned upon to fix things while typing, but that's always how I do it, and I'm not sure if I can just let it slide if I KNOW I've made a mistake.

Until tomorrow. Day TWO DONE!




As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

September Prompts: http://www.thesitsgirls.com/writing-tips/writing-prompts-september/

Year long Prompts

No comments:

Post a Comment