Wednesday 15 July 2015

New promises and new goals.

July 15, 2015

I have so many blog posts started that I have to finish, it's getting absolutely ridiculous. SO, instead of working on one of them, I'm starting a whole new one.

I have a lot of things I want to do that are rolling around in my brain. I need to get some of them on paper/blog so I can figure out a goal plan.

If I don't write it down, I'll never know exactly which ones are most important (because I have so many things I want to accomplish.)  I will write some goals/plans in this post, and hopefully it will help me to see what I need to work on the most. Some of these things, I've already started on.

I spend a lot of time dreaming and thinking about what I want for my future. I learned a long time ago, that dreams won't come true without help from me. Without work from me. I've never been an 'everything happens for a reason' kind of girl. I'm more of a 'things happen because you made them happen' kind of girl.

I get distracted occasionally. I am sometimes quite comfortable being lazy. That probably sounds bad, but it's the truth. I enjoy binge watching shows. I enjoy sleeping in. I enjoy sitting in the sun. I enjoy doing absolutely nothing with Clint and Drogo the Rottie. More about him here. 

However, I am hoping to enjoy my lazy times, and still do a lot with my life. 

I recently bought a shirt, that is basically perfect for me. It will be my shirt to wear when I need inspiration (or to write). 




 I need to revisit my goals, revise my goals, and add new ones constantly to keep myself on task.

I want to get my book published. I want to get in shape. I want to live my life and love my life. I need goals to do these.





New/Old Goals to work on:

Exercise Daily:

I used to walk to work. That was a half hour walk, and although it wasn't a lot of exercise, it helped. Unfortunately, I've moved farther way, and it isn't possible to walk anymore. I still walk about ten minutes from where I park to get to work, but it really isn't a lot. I'm feeling VERY out of shape lately, and it's starting to show. So exercise and watching what I eat is first on my list of goals. 

I just purchased an elliptical so I am VERY motivated to use it. I'd love to get in better shape, and work on my 'trouble' areas, but also, I HATE wasting money, so that in itself is motivation. I bought it new and on sale, but it was still more money than I'd usually spend.

Either way, this is going to help me get back into shape. I've got it facing our television, so I can binge watch Netflix AND exercise. I'm starting out pretty slow, but I'll get better. 



Pay off debts:

I've actually already started this one. It's very exciting! I've paid off my biggest student loan. It's a huge relief, and saves me quite a bit in my monthly repayment - which hopefully means more money for savings. I usually find summer to be more of a spending season, so I probably need to be a bit better about that part of it as well. Either way, I have one more tiny student loan to pay off, my credit card (that one is easy, I don't ever go over a certain amount), and my Lasik eye surgery to pay off. Now that I have the big loan off my monthly payments, I feel a lot more confident that I'll get the rest paid off. (PS, I graduated from university in 2004, so this has been a long time coming.)


  

READ READ READ READ READ READ

I love reading, and sometimes it breaks my heart when I realise I've been doing anything but reading. I have SO MANY books on my list to read, and I've been slacking a lot. I'm also reading a book a friend wrote (unpublished), and that one is first on my list. It's really good, but because I'm reading it on my phone, I sometimes forget about using it. (I haven't gone to the e-readers yet!).  I've been reading it everyday for the past few days though, so I'm going to be done that one soon. I need to read everyday. I also have to read the one by a friend a second time so I can make comments as I read. 

I have a lot of other books on my list as well, but I can start on those later. (By start, I also mean finish a few. I have three books going right now). 

Reading is the easiest thing in life for me. It's also the thing that motivates me the most to do what I love. Just like anything else, I can't lose that. Being a book worm is one of my favourite things.

WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE

You HAD to have known this one was coming. I have to write in so many different ways.


  • I need to blog weekly, if not twice to three times a week. I have to finish all those posts I started with good intentions. This includes my book blog, but I can't blog about books until I read them.
  • I need to edit my novel for the 5th time. I think the 5th time. This will include going through the actual hard copy of it with the notes provided by the author who evaluated it. Once I'm done the hard copy, I'll revise as much as I need for the next edit. Then I have to do the overall grammar editing. (Or find somebody to do it for me.)
  • I need to work on Jenna's story. That's the next one. I've ignored her for too long. Her story has gone in many different directions in my head, but I haven't written it much on paper. There's only one way to see what actually happens next - write. 
  • I need to write in my journal. Poor thing. I always forget about it.

I need to do all of these (except for the paying off of debts) every day. It will make the evening go by a little to quickly, but it will be worth it. It will also mean less lazy Netflix watching. That's never a bad thing.  I do need to save time for my Drogo. I miss him all day, and enjoy spending time with Clint and Drogo when I get home.

That's it. Next post will be one of the many I've had waiting to finish.

Happy Wednesday. 




As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment