Wednesday 22 July 2015

Before I Die

Wednesday July 22, 2015

At the end of June, things kept popping up on my social media about an Art Exhibit in the city by the river. I had yet to see it, but thought it sounded intriguing. 


Today, I was walking to the Farmer's Market along the river, and as I walked underneath one of the bridges in my City of Bridges, I finally saw where it was.

They've painted the wall of the bridge black, and left chalk for people to write what they want Before They Die. 

The responses are a mix of inspirational, thoughtless, motivated, rude, humorous and full of hope. It really depends which ones you read. 



On the way back from my lunch time Farmer's Market trip, I wrote mine. It took me a while to decide what to say. The slots were almost full. 

There are so many things I want to do before I die. The truth is: I don't know when I'm going to die. I have TONS of plans and goals, and things I want, but will I get them?

The only thing I can say for sure is I want to be grateful for it all. Grateful to myself for living the fullest and happiest life I can. I may not get everything accomplished, but I want to die proud of myself for trying.

It's a unique idea. (I think). And if you ignore the ones about stealing souls and such, it's actually pretty beautiful. It's an anonymous way to share your dreams. Mine isn't anonymous because I'm writing it here, but it's just one of the many under the bridge. 

I simply wrote: Be Grateful. I'm already grateful. I want it to continue.

It did get me thinking. I have a lot I want to do. I have a lot more I want to be grateful for. Here are some things I want to do before I die:


  • Laugh Everyday
  • Have a kid... or not - but be happy with my decision.
  • Love with all my heart.
  • Publish my book
  • Maybe write and publish more books.
  • Write a blog I can be proud of.
  • Visit friends and family, and stay in touch.
  • Travel.
  • Don't stress.
  • Be happy with what I've got. 
  • Get married - or don't.  I'm already living with the love of my life. I'm already the luckiest girl in the world.
  • Read everything I can.
  • Be kind.

That's it. I think I can do most of those without a problem. However, things may happen. Or it might not. I can't mark my success because of that.


Side note: the walk to the Farmer's Market is already full of beauty. Here are some other pictures I took while walking. Grateful comes easily when I see this everyday. 



That's my post for today.

Have a great Wednesday.

As always,


"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

1 comment:

  1. Always an important thing to think about. Deathbed regrets have got to be the most painful things in the world. It's important not to get so caught up in treading water that we forget to live.

    ReplyDelete