Tuesday 2 January 2018

My 2017

Jan 2, 2018

I did my goals for 2018 yesterday. Today I want to talk about my 2017. I want to give it a send off.

First of all, I know that all around 2017 was a crappy year. It was hard on a lot of people. My heart hurts at some of the things that have been happening around the world. 

I was lucky. I got to be here. I got to watch my baby turn into a toddler. I got to watch the newest little love of my life continue to grow. 2017 was good to me, personally. Believe me when I say, I'm filled with gratitude for this. 

So here are 12 of my favourite things from the past year.

January:
I was so happy to find funny books about parenting. I bought about three or four of the 'how to Mom books.' I didn't finish any of them. I finished this one. I laughed A LOT. So thanks to all those funny moms who know they may not be doing things as others think they should be, but do it anyway. Brave Moms!


February

It was Anthony's first Valentine's Day. Someday, he may ask me to remove this photo. I will. January and February were tough months full of teething and crawling attempts. It was nice to be able to have some fun with him as well. (He wasn't so easy to pose. I think out of about 50 photos, this was the keeper.) He's ALMOST nine months here.

March:
The month where my kid never stopped moving. Once he got the hang of crawling, he never slowed down. This photo represents a lot. It's a photo taken at Fitbump. I go there to exercise. I went for prenatal classes, Mom and Baby, and now, when I can, I do Bootcamp with childcare. Anthony and I have been going since it opened, and it's just an amazing place. No judgement, lots of encouragement, and a whole tribe of awesome Momma friends who get it.

April
Non kid related. I took a workshop called Writerlicious, through the Saskatoon Writers Co-op. It motivated me to write write write. It was also an afternoon just for me. I haven't had as much time away from my baby as I should have. It felt nice to get out, and do something that was for me.
May
We had an entire year with our baby. He turned one on May 18th. This was his cake smash photo shoot with Appl Photo. It was an amazing first year. I also planned and executed his first birthday party on my own. Clint was away at work, and I was pretty proud of myself. It was a great day. A great month. A great year. 

June

I officially became a stay at home mom with no income in June. (I gave my notice in May). I have NOT regretted this decision once. (I fully admit I wish I was making my own money). In fact, I think it's why I'm writing more. It's motivated me to write for myself. I needed something that was mine. I am following my dream because I'm able to. Staying home with Anthony has allowed me to do what I've always wanted to do, but never had the courage to do - just write. (I also Mom). June was the month that I started to #writeeveryday. I'm on day 207, so I've done well. I was keeping track on Instagram, but I think I'll stop that soon. It's up to me, not the public to know how I'm doing.


July
My kid continued to amaze me. He's adventurous, he takes risks (more than I'd like), and he never runs out of energy. We did a lot during the summer. My sister and I (and Anthony) took summer road trips all around SK), and we were able to spend a lot of time with his Grandma and Grandpa on my side of the family. This is him walking with his Aunt and Grandma at Lake Diefenbaker on Canada Day. 

August

We spent a lot of time with friends this summer. Seeing all these photos, I miss it. It's been tough getting out of the house in this freezing cold (-50c with windchill on the coldest day) weather. We did exercise classes with friends. We played in water parks and regular parks with many different baby friend/grown up friends. I'm ridiculously lucky to know and to have met such great moms since Anthony has been born. And kept some that have always been there. Seriously, you guys. I'm so lucky. So is Anthony. By the way, I never noticed his farmer's tan until this very moment. This kid had sunscreen on ALL THE TIME. 

September
My first night away from Anthony. Happy birthday to me. I asked for it, and I got it. My mom got me a hotel room for the night AND babysat Anthony. (Although, I'm pretty sure the second part was also a gift to her.) It was my first night away from him, and it was a success. I missed him, but also I loved the silence. I read. I wrote. I watched TV. I ate food. I listened to music. I ran out of time to do it all. I also took a million hour shower.

October
We went to Ontario. Actually, we met Clint and Drogo there. We were reunited after he went for work. Ontario in October is gorgeous. We went for walks, we celebrated a friend's wedding, we had Thanksgiving with Clint's family. And we went on a boat ride. We spent time as a family and with our family. It was great watching Anthony with his grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins.


November
I conquered Nanowrimo. 50k in a month. 

December
Anthony's second Christmas. Lots of crafting. Lots of fun. Lots of writing. (Not so good are ALL the new teeth Anthony was getting, and still is. Does teething end?)



So that's my 2017. As you can see, family, my baby boy, and my new writing habits were highlights.

I wish everybody can have a 2018 as great as my 2017. (Including me.) 

As always, 
filled with gratitude,
E


“Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”

― Jane Yolen

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and


No comments:

Post a Comment