Thursday 28 December 2017

Crafting Momma

Dec 28


I'm getting as many posts in as I can before the New Year. Then I can focus on my 2018 Goals. and leave 2017 in 2017.

As I was planning my crafts for Christmas, I came across a possible project that involved transferring photos to wood. I thought it looked intriguing, but didn't know if I'd follow through. 

I decided to try it out in December. I waited until after Nanowrimo. It's a long process, but I'm glad I did it. They worked out well.

They made fantastic presents (if I do say so myself), and hopefully some day I can try to sell them with photos of Saskatoon or with personalised photos that people want on wood. I am proud of myself for trying this project out. The reaction from people I've gifted them to has been well worth it.

I'll add photos of the project, and some finished pieces. If anybody wants to learn more (or buy some), send me a message.

Keep in mind, I'm still perfecting my Photo Transferring skills.

Here I am, working my newly learned magic.

My helper and supporter picked up some wood for me, and cut it. Although when he's gone, I'll have to do it on my own. We used a couple different types of wood. Thin and thick (although I'm sure that's not the specific terms of which is which.)
This is the thin.




This were my first choices for photos. This was before they were transferred to the board. Basically, everything I needed is in the photo. (Plus a few other things to help get them on like a paint brush and a ruler.) 





 There is a bit more to it than I'm showing, of course. It takes a couple days to complete, but basically it turns into this. It takes patience and time.
I didn't used to have the patience, but something about having a kid teaches me a little more about how important it is.










Here are some finished products. I've done a few more than what I'm posting, but this is what they're turning out like. I've had only one that I scrapped completely and started over on, but I blame the wood for that. 
I'm really excited about this. It gives me a chance to do something with my photos, and gives me a break from writing. (Although I'm still doing that, and still loving it.) It's just nice to have hobbies and goals. 
Maybe selling these won't work out - I am not a selling person - but at least it's something I enjoy. I like having things in my life. I guess it's what I miss about working, but am able to find in different ways - variety. A change in my day to day life. I can be a mom, and I can create and write. It's sort of amazing. 




This is one of the first ones I did. Unfortunately, I didn't clean it as well as I needed to. Lesson learned.








I did more crafts than the the Wood Photos for presents, but these ones meant the most. They were fun to do, and exciting to see how they turned out.l. I have spent a lot of years ordering photos on canvas or metal, but now I'll be doing them myself. (Although I'll need a bigger house soon.)

Okay, one post down, I've got a few more coming your way, but this is all I can do tonight. I have to get to my editing. I'll be sharing my kid's stories soon enough. I think. I haven't decided.

I'm trying to get as much into the last few days of 2017 as I can: writing, blogging, reading, organizing my house, and spending time with my family. It's working out well so far. 

Happy Thursday! 

By the way, I FINALLY updated my book blog. One book out of more than 20 is now posted. I finished it today, and loved it so much I wanted to post about it. Here's the link: The Child Finder


“Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”

― Jane Yolen

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and




No comments:

Post a Comment