Wednesday 8 November 2017

Writing update, Nanowrimo, and photos

November 8, 2017

Writing and Nanowrimo
This is going to be a quick post because it's been too long! Unfortunately, I went straight from the trip, to Halloween, to Nanowrimo, so I haven't had time to blog. 

PS: HALLOWEEN: 
 Book Worms.


I am on day 152 of Writing Everyday. I was getting a lot of editing done, but now it's working towards my 50,000 words on a new novel with Nanowrimo. I'm going to finish. I have no doubts about it. I'll have 50,000 words by the end of November. I just have to keep going after that so I can finish it. Finishing a second novel (even if the first isn't published yet) would be a pretty amazing thing. I've started more than one and not finished them.

I also have two writing events this month. 

I'm meeting with Saskatoon's Writer in Residence at the library to discuss my novel. It's a program from the Saskatoon library. I'm using that meeting to discuss the first novel because I really want to get it published. (Broken record.) I'm excited to do this, to get feedback, and to get it ready to send out again. 

I also am taking a workshop on writing for children. I never thought I'd be interested in this, but there is no better time to learn and try it out as now - when I have a test subject who loves books. 

These will both eat into my Nanowrimo writing time (as is this blog post), but it'll be worth it. And I'll still get my 50,000 words. (If I don't I'll be writing a post about it.) Being a mother while attempting this is a lot different. I try to write when he's awake, but as with the writing everyday goal, it usually starts when he's asleep for the night. 

By the way, I just got to 10,000 words in my Nanowrimo writing. Behind schedule, but not by a lot.

I'm stealing some time this morning to write this post because I miss my blog. I like blogging.

Photos

I want to do a photo challenge for November, but I'm already behind (as in, I haven't started), so I've decided to combine my Blog posts with the photo challenge. That way I can update once a week, and not have to worry about daily posts on Instagram. I over Instagram as it is.

This is what I'm doing: 
 I found this on Pinterest and printed it out.


Now to add 8 days of photos. 

Day One: Words
There couldn't be a better photo prompt for this month because it's nothing but words for me. 50,000 words. Editing words. Happy Words. As a writer, I deal with words. I love words. This is a journal that Clint gave me to help inspire my writing.

Day Two: Technology
Another appropriate prompt because I use my laptop for almost all of my writing. I don't plan. I just write. I make notes in the above journal about details so I don't forget them. Mostly, I just type though. I can't imagine writing a novel before this particular technology was around. I wouldn't be able to read any of it.

Day Three: Nature
Nature with a side of Anthony. Winter has hit.

Day Four: Clothing
That's another Anthony one. Winter is a lot of work with a little one to dress. Lots and lots and lots of clothes. It makes me miss sunscreen.

Day Five: Knowledge
Knowledge is a good thing. You're never too old to learn about new things. Or too young. I love watching Anthony learn about new things. I love learning from him.

Day Six: Memories

I keep thinking about first memories. Anthony may be getting his soon. I hope he remembers laughing, and playing, and being loved. 

Day Seven: Innovation
Writing while watching my kid grow and change. (and a messy living room.) Truth be told, I don't have a photo for innovation so I got creative. (Innovation.)

Day Eight: Sleep
This photo is hard to see, but as a Mom, sleep is important. Getting myself to sleep is important, and so is getting Anthony to sleep (because when he sleeps, I write.) I tried a new technique last night because he WILL NOT go to sleep on his own. I put him in his crib and rubbed his back until he went to sleep. It was a success. Thank goodness.


That's all folks. I'll update again next week.



“Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”

― Jane Yolen

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment