Saturday 18 November 2017

Mid November Update

November 18, 2017


I feel like I should be using any spare time to work on my Nanowrimo project. However, I'm exhausted right now. I'll write tonight. For now, I'll do a blog post.

I've had a big week for writing. I went to see the Writer in Residence to talk about my novel. It was good. Basically, what I got out of it was to keep on going. Keep on editing. Keep on trying. Don't give up because what I'm writing is good. It's nice to hear.

Today I went to a Writing For Children workshop. I've written one book for children before, and I gave it to my friend after her baby was born. It was a long time ago, and I think I could do better now. Especially because basically, my life is reading to Anthony. I've read A LOT of children's books.

The workshop was good. I was exhausted because Anthony was up really early today, but I'm glad I went. There are so many different styles of writing for kid's books. Unfortunately, the one I would pick, takes a lot of time (because I would use rhyming). It takes a lot more time that writing 1,667 words a day in a fiction novel take. Of course, this is in my humble opinion.

I will be working on a few children's books ideas in the next little while. Just some silly practise ideas. I'll know more about them soon enough.

I am now on my 162nd day of writing in a row. This month, I've been working really hard. I'm trying to do it all, and to be perfectly honest: it's exhausting.
(Writing)


Exhausting.

I'm on par with my Nanowrimo words. If I continue this pace (1,667 words a day), I will be done 50,000 words by November 30th. I can't do anymore that that because I don't have the time. I'm currently at 28,956 words. I haven't done any today yet.

I've put editing on hold until December. I can't even pretend to have time for that.

I usually don't start writing until Anthony goes to bed at night. I also try to throw in a Christmas craft (in an attempt to save money I'm doing crafts for stocking stuffers), or do some baking. (Or laundry or cleaning.) 

I am glad I'm doing it. It's a happy exhaustion. It's an 'I'm getting a lot done' exhaustion. I just hope I can keep it up in December. 

I'll be jumping right back into editing. I miss my novel. I miss the characters (although they're still visiting in my current writing), and I miss making little important changes.

Now for my Gratitude Photos: 
I made it to Day Eight last time. I left off on sleep. (I want sleep now.)

Day Nine:

Holidays
This is one of my holiday crafts. These are little winter tuques for the Christmas tree. I'm hoping they get better and better the more I make.

Day Ten
Kindness

I'm lucky enough to have experienced some wonderful random acts of kindness. And kind considerations. However, one of the first things I think of when I hear the word kindness is my mentee. Anthony and I have been mentoring at an elementary school in Saskatoon for two years now. The little girl we are lucky enough to hang out with is so sweet. She loves Anthony so much, and always has kind words to say. She made me this crazy little creature. She thinks it looks like a fish. I thought maybe it was a bird.

Day Eleven:
Friendship:
I have awesome friends, but I want to talk about Anthony's friendships. He's lucky enough to be friends with many awesome little girls. (So far, he doesn't know very many little boys). I like that he will be raised around a bunch of strong and awesome women. They all take after their strong and awesome moms.

Day Twelve:
Music
Winter doesn't usually bother me, but lately, I've been waking up with a dark cloud hanging over my head. I think because after not getting enough sleep, it still feels like the middle of the night when we wake up in the dark. For the past few days, I've been listening to 90s music on Google Play, and for my free two weeks of satellite radio in my car. Music cheers me up. I sing badly, I dance badly, and I make my son giggle. Win win win.

Day Thirteen:
Time:

My mom and I

My son and I
Time goes ridiculously fast. My brand new baby is now 18 months. My mom's brand new baby is 36.

Day 14
Creativity:
Creativity. Flowing out of my pen in the form of children's stories.

Day 15:
Family
Tonight I was exhausted. I took a break from trying to do this post (I've been working on it on and off since 3), and I went to snuggle my family. It was exactly what I needed. Just outside the photo is Drogo. He wouldn't snuggle.

Day 16
Inspiration
I'm lucky. I can find inspiration in almost anything. These days it's writing and reading. (I'm reading Stephen King's book On Writing.)

Day 17
Weather
It's cold. My penguin had to be dug out, and he wants summer back.
Day 18
Change
Change is good. It's hard but it's good. This photo shows my change in fitness routine. I have one now, and it is making me braver and stronger. :) But in general, change is good. If I can't decide what to change, I usually change my hair colour or cut.

That's it guys. Now to write 1,667 words. I'm going for 2000 though. We will see if Anthony wakes up or not. He's my deciding factor.

I'll try to catch up next week so I don't have to do two weeks of photos in one post. 

Happy Saturday! (She says while sitting in bed in her PJs to write at 8:30pm) 

 Oh - once again - this is the Photo Challenge I'm following: 



“Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”

― Jane Yolen

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment