Monday 21 May 2018

Second Birthday

At the end of this May Long weekend, I'm not thinking about my son's meltdowns. I haven't paid attention to why he's melting down. (And he has). I am thinking about the fact that my boy is now two years old. It's been an amazing two years, and I can't believe he's already two.



This is how I felt when Anthony turned one: He's Turning One

I wrote another one for Mommy Connections about him turning two: He's Two

Even though he won't remember celebrating it, I wanted to give him a great birthday weekend. It was actually a great birthday week because his daddy took a week off work to celebrate his birthday. It has been a wonderful week for all of us. It's nice to be a complete family again. He leaves in two days, and we aren't ready.

I've been solo momming since January, and it's nice to have him here. It's even nicer to watch him and Anthony together. 

Instead of being sad that he's leaving (we'll be travelling to Ontario to see him in a month though), I want to focus on the wonderful weekend we've had.

I've got more to say, and more posts I want to write, but today I want to focus on the week. Of course, this includes photos.

 Birthday morning included presents in bed, new wall decals, and bacon and eggs for breakfast.

It's Anthony's special day, but it's also mine. Two years ago, it was my Birth Day. I grew him inside of me, and I gave birth to him. It was a life changing day.


 We went for supper at Montana's. They sang to Anthony, and he handled it all like a champ. No tears.

I made him his cake. I made one last year too, but now that he has favourite things (diggers and trucks), I knew I had to make one like this. It was a lot easier than I thought. Thanks Pinterest.















For his birthday party, we went to this amazing place called LaLa's Farm. It included a petting zoo, parachute games, hiking, and a wonderful place for a gathering. Anthony had lots of friends there (he didn't really talk to any of them though.) It was an amazing place. Fun for both the kids and the adults. I'd go there every year if I could. He had an amazing day. He ended up filthy and happy.

I'm so grateful for these two years we've had. Every day, this kid is doing something else that is new and exciting. He's not perfect (what I don't show in these photos is him occasionally hitting the animals in a strange attempt to befriend them), but he's smart, hilarious, and can be so loving when he wants to be. I cannot wait to see what he becomes.

I'll be writing him a letter to open when he's older, but I haven't been able to sit down and do it yet. He's going to have A LOT of letters to read. We started last year with letters.

It's been a great week. Clint being home made it all the better. We're going to be super sad when he leaves, but I'll be keeping myself busy until we leave to join him for the summer in Ontario.

Hope everybody had a great May Long.



"Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”

― Jane Yolen

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment