Tuesday 29 May 2018

Life and Hobbies

I have an important post coming up, but I'm not ready to write it yet. Nothing big, just some things I've been thinking about. 


For now, I want to share what I've been working on these past few days.

Although it's hard to have hobbies while being a solo mom, I'm still working on doing things just for myself. Obviously, writing is a big one. Today is 343 days in a row of writing. This blog post is it. I'm also doing an extensive interview with the main character of my work in progress novel. Last question is today, and then I am getting back to the novel writing. I wanted to learn more about her before I continued. 

I am also trying to scrapbook my memories (and photos). However, I'm only just starting 2017 so I have got a long way to go. I'll be working on that tomorrow, hopefully. I thought it would be better to scrapbook myself instead of having them made, but it's actually proving to cost more doing it this way. I have a lot of photos. I'm doing it month by month, but it's all adding up. I may take a break and do another one online just so I can catch up.

Now to my newest (kind of) hobby.

I take a lot of photos. Anybody who follows me on Instagram knows this, and anybody who knows me in real life knows this (because I'm always taking photos.) I have this fear of missing things. I want my memories in photo form. I do put it down and enjoy the moment as well, but I take photos first.


Lately I've been taking photos with my 'real' camera. I'm loving it. I've enjoyed spending time taking the photos and editing them. I don't have a great editing program yet, but I'm looking into it.

I'm going to share a few photos that I've taken over the last three days. I haven't watermarked any yet, but they aren't meant to be taken, and if they're shared, I'd like the whole post to be shared. On that note, any advice on watermarking programs, let me know. 


These photos were my first practice shots. I took them on Sunday. Backyard photos. I'm still working at taking my time before taking shots.





 These ones are my Monday shots. We went on a gorgeous walk by the river with a friend.







Pretending to take a nap in the dirt.




 Here are a few from today. We didn't do a lot today. Sidewalk chalk painting, and just hanging out.










 I'm working on it. It's nice to have something just for me, but also something that I can spend time with my family while I do it. Great memories for my family.

I'll be working on my next post for June pretty soon. I know what it's about, it just depends how much I want to write about it.

Happy Tuesday! 


"Exercise the writing muscle every day, even if it is only a letter, notes, a title list, a character sketch, a journal entry. Writers are like dancers, like athletes. Without that exercise, the muscles seize up.”

― Jane Yolen

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

I occasionally do guest Mom posts for a local Mommy Connections blog. Check them out, and others here:
 http://www.mommyconnections.ca/saskatoon/category/mommy-connections-news/

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment