Wednesday 26 October 2016

Erin's Writing Life

(Skip this part if you've already read the last one.)
I'm doing some blog prompts to get back into the writing. 30 Days of me.  

To start writing, I'm going to start blogging. November 1st is Nanowrimo, so I'll be blogging from now until the end of November to practise. 

I found a list on Pinterest. It originally came from a page called www.livingoffloveandcoffee.com. I'm just going to show one prompt at a time though.

The first prompt is here: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2016/10/im-back-for-30-days-at-least.html

October 26, 2016

Day 2: The Meaning Behind Your Blog Title

This one should be a little quicker to write than yesterday's post.

I started this blog intending it to be about my writing. It ended up being about my writing and my life. 

My very first post basically explained my goal: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/01/my-writing-experiences.html.

I wanted a place to write about fears. Write about my love of writing. Write about accomplishments.

Unfortunately, sometimes in my life, writing took a break, but I still tried to post about my life. So in a way, I was still writing, just not fiction. Blogging is writing and it's a wonderful way to heal. To be creative. To get cheap therapy. To write. To get back in the habit of writing.

I wrote an entire novel, and wanted to use this blog to talk about finishing it, editing it, sending it in to be published, and publishing it. I haven't published it yet. I will some day.

So, long story short. Erin's Writing Life is about Erin's Writing. It's also about Erin's life. Because sometimes they are one in the same. My life is what motivates me to write (or distracts me from writing.)


And as a quick example of distractions, my pup thinks it's his time now that the baby is asleep. (Yep, my 100 pound  lapdog shares a bed with us.) 

That's it. Second post done, lots more to go.

Talk to you tomorrow, Internet World.

E

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and






No comments:

Post a Comment