Sunday 30 October 2016

Day Six - Superheros

October 30, 2016

This will be a short one because after two weeks working away, C is back, and I'd like to spend as much time with him as I can before he leaves again.

Day Six

30 Days of Me:

Favourite Super Hero and Why

Here's where I admit that most of what I know from Superheros comes from movies and television shows. More specifically, Marvel movies, and the 90s show Lois and Clark- The New Adventures of Superman. (The one with Dean Cain), and many many different Batmans.

From that I will tell you what I think.

I think Superman/Clark Kent had a kind soul. That gives him more points than anybody. Kindness is key. He never seemed to have a lot of ego either.

On the other hand, Iron Man isn't always that kind, he has a HUGE ego, but he's lovable, and will always jump in to save the day. Of course, he likes the fame. Also, he's way less boring than Superman.

And Batman has a cool voice and the Bat Signal. So he also gets points.

That's all I know. 

Here are my real life superheros:

My Grandma M on her wedding day


Grandma with my sister and I



My Grandma B and I
Neither of my these two wonder women is still with us, but that doesn't stop me from thinking of them as the strongest women in my life. They were my heros.

Grandma M was strong, loving, kind, and all around wonderful. She was loved by anybody who met her. ANYBODY. She raised four children by herself after my grandfather died (when my dad was ten), and she did a great job. I gave my son her maiden name because I wanted him to have a part of her.

Grandma B was just as strong, loving, kind, and all around wonderful. She worked hard her entire life. She raised a family and became a farm wife (after getting a university degree). She lived a life with her favourite things: her husband and her family. If I had a girl, she would have been named Joyce. 

My grandmothers were everything to me, and I feel so sad that I wasn't able to introduce Anthony to my superheros.

Talk tomorrow.

E 



"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


Also, check out my ongoing book blog:  Proud Bookworm at: http://bookserinread.blogspot.ca/ 

Blogs I used to write on but not being updated:
and

No comments:

Post a Comment