Wednesday 10 December 2014

For the love of reading

Dec 10, 2014

After the last post about my guilt and disappointment at myself for not writing, I've made a decision.

I'm not going to pressure myself. I will finish this novel, but if it's not in 2014, I'll be okay with that. I'd love to have finished my second novel the year after my first, but there are other things I want to do.

I want to read. Whether it's a book I haven't read yet, or a book I've read but can't remember, OR a book I've read over and over; I want to read. (Right now, I'm reading a Harlan Coben that I read a long time ago, and can't remember at all).

Reading is the biggest motivation to write. I want to read as much as I can this month, and if I have time to write, or feel the urge to write, I will. 

I'm going to set out 15 minutes of writing every night. The rest of the time will be for reading (or whatever). With the 15 minutes, I won't feel guilty for not writing because I will be putting in an effort. Sometimes, all it takes is writing to remind me that I love to write. 

I have a friend who made a goal to read 50 books in 2014. I don't know if I can go that far, but I think in 2015, along with my writing goals, I'll also make some reading goals. One book per month seems pretty doable. (It seems like I could probably do better actually.)

So this short post is to say I'm going to stop feeling guilty. I'm going to start DOING. I'm going to be okay with what I choose to do, as long as I'm doing it. That sentence may have only made sense to me. I've been upset because I haven't been writing. I plan to write, but not push myself to do another 50k in December. 

The rest of this month is going to be full of reading and writing. (I'm done with the Christmas stuff for the most part). And OF COURSE, I will also be blogging. Twice a week is my goal for posts. 

The picture below, has nothing to do with this post. I just like it. I took it yesterday on my walk home from work. Maybe some day, it'll be a cover for my book! (Not either of the ones I'm working on currently.) 


Now, I'm going to spend the rest of my lunch break reading.



And as always:


©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

Prompts from: http://erinisawriter.blogspot.ca/2014/12/updated-prompts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment