Monday 24 November 2014

Being Done Nanowrimo

November 24th, 2014

I officially finished my 50k early last week.  I believe it was Tuesday.

Once again, this is through Nanowrimo. (National Novel Writing Month). Check it out at: http://nanowrimo.org/

I started this with no idea. I had no idea if I'd finish it. I had no idea where my story was going, and I had no idea if I would do well with having a deadline.

It turns out, I do.

I'm feeling a bit more burnt out then I'd like though. I submitted my word count on Thursday (the first day they were validating), and I wrote some more Thursday night, but I haven't been back at it since then.





I'm not done the novel. 50k is only about half way there, so I still have a lot to do. I'm hoping to finish the novel by the start of the New Year (or shortly after). I would never have gotten this far if not for this crazy and wonderful NaNoWriMo experiment. I loved it, and even though I needed this past weekend off from writing, I miss it. 

This happened after I was done my first novel, I missed my characters. So taking a break before I'm done is even worse. I'm so emotionally invested, it's ridiculous. 

Unfortunately, I have a few other things I want to finish before I get back to completely jumping back into the novel.

(Like writing many many Christmas cards).

I am now completely on board with NaNoWriMo, and I will be participating in it every year I can. With the month of writing, the next month or two of finishing it, many months of editing, query letter writing, and waiting for a response from the first query, I can write one novel a year. I'm good with that. I don't need more at the moment, as they are still unpublished. 

I will keep you updated on my novel, and update when it's finished, but for now, I'm happy with my accomplishment for the month. I'm proud of myself.

And - still no word from publishers. It's almost disheartening, but I know I'm not the first, and not the last, to get stuck in the waiting game. Things will happen.

That's my update. I'm in love with November, and I'm in love with writing, and apparently I do well with goals. (Who knew?) I don't love deadlines, but I guess I'm good with trying to reach a fast paced goal.

All is good in my life. Busy at my day job writing Christmas commercials. Tis the Season.

And as always:




©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


No comments:

Post a Comment